Friday, June 15, 2018

Open letter- 6 (Rainbow)





Dear Rainbow,


   I always think there is some special connection between the two of us owing to our recent amazing encounters. The photographs captured on my phone justify this fact because you simply look more and more beautiful in each one of them. One perfect moment between the sun and the rain and you greet us with your mesmerizing beauty. You do the perfect job of guest appearance, lasting for a short while, yet delivering all the possible magic within it. No one can depict the significance of the right moment as you do since all it takes is just one perfect opportunity to paint a beautiful picture.

  Though I always spend those crucial minutes admiring your colors, I realized it is about time to appreciate your presence. It made me guilty of just staring at your looks without offering any words in return, hence here I am writing and writing till my mind stops. To talk about our first introduction, it started in my science classes where we were taught about your occurrence. While the phenomenon of sun and rain producing this wonderful array of colors in the sky seemed confusing and difficult to understand, it all turned fruitful when I actually saw you in reality. Nothing can replace the joy of seeing a colorful band in the sky, appearing as a perfect painting made with perfect strokes in proportion.

  If there is one occurrence in the nature that signifies the importance of ‘timing’, it has to be you. While we can look at mountains, oceans, sun or clouds any time of the day, it is not true in your case. Unless we drop everything and rush to capture you at the perfect moment, we cannot enjoy the sight. I must say you have made yourself so valuable. “Come to see me whenever I appear, or else forget about it” is the best way to explain your attitude. And that does sound a bit narcissist, yet we love you! Though we may fail miserably if we try to implement the same attitude in our own life (I can actually hear more ‘forget it’ thrown at me), it speaks something about the ‘value of time’.

   If we learn to value every moment as an independent factor, we will learn to extract more from life. Like timely combination of rain drops and sun is something as beautiful as you, timely existence with timely work pattern may be something as wonderful as a happy life. I enjoy extracting life lessons from natural elements because those teachings are so true, pure and selfless. Without any vested interests, nature teaches us so many things that can only make sense, if we are willing to learn. Back to you, if anytime I find myself wandering into pointless future, I remind myself to be back in the moment that matters.

  I am amazed by your simplicity. How can something as basic as seven bands create the wonderful outcome of a rainbow? It shows beauty does not demand lot of complicated elements. All it takes is simple co-ordination and unity. Individually none of the colors may appear as wonderful as they do when all come together. Another lesson in disguise. Though your appearances are rare and short, you do teach a lot within that time. ‘Maximum output from minimum input’- I am sorry if you did not mean to teach that last bit but we are capable of deciphering anything to suit our purpose! Make impactful appearances that add value is the underlying statement in disguise.

Some people don’t really bother a lot about your occurrence. Ignoring it as a natural act, they tend to let it go. Or they must have seen you quite many times before. And then there are few others like me who jump at every chance to capture you as much as possible. No matter how many times I see you, every single appearance feels unique. I am not sure if you actually dust your bands with some inspirational powder because I always return motivated and inspired after our rendezvous.

   Whenever your name is mentioned, the first word that pops in my mind is ‘VIBGYOR’. That is how we were taught to remember your sequence correctly. This lesson from childhood has made a permanent space in our hearts. And a confident boast to our brain cells that we still know it correctly. It joins the league of childhood lessons such as sequence of planets in the solar system that form a permanent memory in our system and remind us of our happier school days.

  It is wonderful to witness your coordinated performance between two diverse natural aspects –sun and rain. Rarely does rain offer respite from the scorching sun and sun provides a ray of hope during cloudy days. Hence the perfect combination of rain drops and sun is truly unique.

 This brings me to the end of writing few words of appreciation. Hope you continue to decorate our sky with a colorful show, and do call me the next time you visit. There are many dreamy eyes and eager minds who wait for your guest appearance.

 Till we meet again - stay smiling, cheerful and colorful (as if you have any other choice!).






Yours lovingly,
A lifetime member of your fan club  




No comments:

Post a Comment