Dear Ocean family,
I don’t know how should
I put it but I am jealous of you and amazed by you at the same time. While as
residents, we struggle to buy a house on per square feet basis, you possess
unlimited space without any boundaries. And while we are forced to be contented
within our tiny houses, you are so lucky to have no such restrictions. So huge
is your area that it is impossible to understand where you start and where you end?
Standing at a shore, it is beyond our limited mental faculty to even imagine
your horizon. Doesn’t it confuse you too? Isn’t it a major task to manage your large
house that just stretches and stretches all around the globe?
Now that I have
conveyed my major doubt, I feel much better. Ever since I thought I will write
these open letters, I was sure to ask you this question.
Your mighty influence
and powerful waves always pull me into a sea of thoughts, making me surprised
and happy all at once. I address this letter to your entire family because
there are so many members in your clan. And since you are the head of the
family with powerful hold all around the earth, your name deserves to be at the
top.
I love and admire every component of your family. From a youthful beach
who loves to party to a motherly sea offering means of transportation and home
to marine animals, from a huge ocean who rules the water kingdom of this planet
to little children of streams and waterfalls, you have so many elements
in your troop. Not to forget your sweet long lost cousins- rivers and lakes.
You represent the
most important and essential component of nature. As water source that assists
in maintaining the balance on earth, your role is truly magnificent. I admire
your ability to create such a powerful aura around you that it scares even the
strongest players of nature. You are friends with those who respect the cycle
of nature and stern with those who don’t. I must admit listening to tales of
people who drown within your pull scares me to a great extent. You don’t like
anyone challenging your power and that is inspirational in a bitter way.
Everything from your
waves to water, color to fragrance and looks to functions amaze me as I admire
you from the shore. Your rising and falling waves are the greatest proof of the
fact ‘Ups and downs are part of life.’ You don’t give up on falling, while just
wait to rise back at the next opportunity. I also enjoy your play with other
components of nature.
Your coordinated play with moon amazes me. How he manages
to create high and low tides all the way from millions of miles above you is beyond
my understanding. Whenever I stand at the shore and make an attempt to
understand your limits, power or appearance, I simply fall flat on my face. It
is impossible to measure any of these factors, hence I avoid thinking a lot,
while enjoying your presence as much as I can.
Your house is so
cool and refreshing. Standing on the shore for a short while is so energizing.
I often find myself smiling and admiring your sight, while just staring at your
looks for minutes on end. And I am sure many of my friends do the same. I am
not an enthusiastic swimmer kind of person, but when I look at others swimming
in your waves and enjoying your water, it is so exciting.
You surely know how
to entertain little kids and adults alike because even the slightest thought of
visiting you drives an unexplainable form of energy into their system. After
all, you are a king among tourist spots around the globe. One beach is all you
need to turn a city/town or country into a famous tourist destination, pulling
people from far and wide and hence the money that follows.
You have created
many diverse fan clubs- some of them love to bathe in your waves and enjoy all
forms of water sports, few others only look at you from a safe distance and
talk to you in some unknown language (a proud member of this club, right here!),
while a tiny group is scared of your power and choose to stay away. Whatever group
one belongs to, it is impossible to ignore you, while appreciating, acknowledging
and celebrating your presence.
Watching the sun
set against your backdrop is such a pretty sight. Some things are beyond description
and this experience definitely ranks first among them. You have an ability to
gel with other elements of nature and create a picturesque scenery around. I
must admit you respect time very well. If we visit you at any time of the day,
you manage to treat us with different looks and appearances. From crisp
mornings when you appear energetic to calm afternoons with a relaxed look, from
power packed evenings when you roar occasionally to mysterious nights when you
disappear into your own world, you surely know how to enjoy every moment round
the clock.
You are incredibly
photogenic. Check photo albums of our grandparents, browse through the digital
albums of our parents or look into our smart phones today, I am sure you will find
so many pictures ‘of you’ and ‘with you’. After all, posing against your
backdrop adds extra beauty points to our looks too! What is the connection
between your ambiance and philosophy? So many people turn philosophers in your
presence, showering words with deep meaning and intense outlook. You also provide
artistic inspiration to writers, painters, artists, poets, dancers, singers,
actors and performers.
You are home to many marine creatures. It must be fun playing with fishes, dolphins, whales,
sharks, sea weeds, crabs, lobsters, and so many others. Because when we sit in
fancy boats to spot these animals, it is nothing less than pure magic. Thank you
for allowing us a closer and personal look through boats, sails, ships and
cruises. It is fun to be surrounded by water all around, while capturing mandatory
Titanic poses! Though our touristy visits are just for recreation, these marine
routes are major links for transportation of goods and materials too.
Few minutes with
you and the mind is recharged once again. You never fail to surprise, love, inspire
and energize us. With changing looks at different intervals, you manage an
excellent performance. From waves to calm waters, you have it all. And hats off
to your fashion sense. What is with your diverse shades? Sea green, aqua blue, turquoise,
deep blue, gray, silver, sky blue, white, light blue, deep green – you have
much more shades than a make-up kit! But, it is your color and typical sea
fragrance that attracts visitors like hovering bees.
Till I meet you
again to stare at your waters and admire your waves- have fun, keep smiling, laughing
and loving. Stay as cheerful and mesmerizing as you are because only few things
can succeed in pulling us away from the usual boredom of life.
Yours lovingly,
Long distance water lover and wave watcher


thoughtful very interesting
ReplyDelete