How often have you heard yourself say “I just wish this
comes true” or “I sincerely hope it happens”? If you are like any other human
with a little beating heart and a huge thinking mind, chances are you do hope/wish/pray
quite often than you actually sit to notice. Or in case I shouldn’t talk on
your behalf, I can strongly state my inclination towards hoping and wishing. Though
I realize the pointlessness of wishing against the measurable parameters of
working, I tend to slip into the well of hopes and wishes rather involuntarily.
It is said there is no use of wishing or hoping when you can actually do something
about somethings.
Wishes and hopes are like castles in the air without any
blueprint, design or necessary resources. Instead it is important to start
working on the project to see the output in constructive terms. Now in an ideal
practical world, I would definitely find myself subscribing and adhering to
this philosophy about hopeful thoughts. I would happily shut my mind to not
think about what it wants rather work towards every single idea cropping in its
remotest corner. But then, neither am I in any ideal practical world nor will I
achieve such high level of self-control to not think at all. Mind is known for
wandering and hence it will always do what it finds the best in most of the
situations.
Why such sudden emphasis
on thoughts, mind and the related philosophy? The answer lies in my recent pondering
over the value of wishes and hopes. And because I will not like to think alone,
let me pop the question for your introspection too. Should we continue wishing
and hoping for situations to turn in our favor, though they appear nowhere
close to what we desire? Or should we quit the mission after a certain threshold
of patience? Is there any weight-age to sending out thoughts in the form of
wishes or is it useless to expect that things will work out just because we
believe in them? To put it the other way, should we stop wishing and start
believing about what we want in life? Rather than an imaginary hopeful thought,
does it help to believe that it will eventually turn true? You may be able to
resonate with this question if you have heard about the significance of sending
our vibes to the universe. They say if you believe in a certain situation turning
true, it will eventually materialize.
The problem arises
during the long waiting period that demands every ounce of our patience. We may
be investing the best form of our efforts with detailed attention to every
input from our end, but it may not reflect over the output. During vulnerable
times like these, it is important to continue working towards our goal, no
matter where it may seem to drift away. The significant factor is believing
that things will turn in our favor. Delayed outcome is still an outcome at the
end. Whether you stop believing in your goals or continue working hard no
matter how impossible it may seem is the real question in place. In such
circumstances, I like the idea of believing that things will work out
eventually. Because no matter how strong you feel from within, there is a limit
to how long you can continue wishing? Unless you are extremely patient in even
the most uncertain situations, there comes a time when you cannot think or act
any further. At such times, it helps to continue believing instead of just
hoping.
I feel believing in your efforts and trusting in your inputs takes you
first step towards the desired end. There is a huge difference between wishing
in the air and actually visualizing the results in your head, no matter how
imaginary they may seem. I agree this high-end philosophy only sounds good in
words. I must confess that these ideas are easier said than done. When the stock
of patience seems to exhaust, nothing can come to the rescue. Vulnerability of
situations takes away the best of a person, leaving hollow space of
nothingness. It is during situations like these, when you need to start
believing.
I understand plain belief cannot turn an undesirable circumstance into a desirable one in a matter of few minutes. But it can at least restore faith and energy when everything is at its lowest. Instead of succumbing to your patience and giving up because you cannot seem to find the end in sight, it is beneficial to simply believe. I know believing is not the same as doing, but it can at least keep us going. We realize the significance of faith and trust when everything seems to pull us down. Rather, the positive thought that yes somewhere, sometime, somehow everything will fall in place gives more comfort.
I understand plain belief cannot turn an undesirable circumstance into a desirable one in a matter of few minutes. But it can at least restore faith and energy when everything is at its lowest. Instead of succumbing to your patience and giving up because you cannot seem to find the end in sight, it is beneficial to simply believe. I know believing is not the same as doing, but it can at least keep us going. We realize the significance of faith and trust when everything seems to pull us down. Rather, the positive thought that yes somewhere, sometime, somehow everything will fall in place gives more comfort.
I cannot advocate
plain thinking because I do not understand its value, but I can definitely vouch
about the power of believing, if and when life seems to fade into some sort of
uncertain darkness.
So, what is your take? Would you rather stop wishing, start
believing, do both of it or none of it?

No comments:
Post a Comment