There are mix of
happy and sad days, where you can see the actress and villain in me. If you
don’t believe- simply ask my husband and parents at home or sister, in-laws and
friends from a long distance who know exactly what to expect. One look at the
calendar and my engineer turned half-doctor husband can tell you precisely
what’s going on! While I would love to defeat him at this guessing game,
unfortunately he emerges victorious, every single time.
Firstly, never in
my life have I heard the words ‘strong’ and ‘will-power’ so many times before,
as today my collection is filled with these expressions. Secondly, to break the
invisible ice between us, I would love to communicate with each one of you,
just the way I did before. Nothing has changed that could lead to awkwardness
or confusion between us. I am still the same and so is my condition to
communicate. As I have decided to live in the present, the uncertainty of my
health cannot change the picture at all. Speak to me the way you were doing
before. No amount of ‘C’ or ‘L’ can take this silly self-proclaimed ‘writer’
from you ;)
Thirdly, I would
also like to apologize if I am not the same cheerful self every single day. As
much as I would enjoy communication from your end, I understand I should also be
vocal at the same time. But, sometimes silence pushes me into a silence zone
that is incorrect in every way. So, grab the opportunity to poke me and do not
hesitate to start the ringer mode on my phone!
Unknowingly, I end
up crossing the thin line between sympathy and reality. Instead of working hard
or walking towards my goals, I sometimes cover myself under the shield of
sympathy which is totally incorrect. Thanks to my chemo brain, I have enrolled
myself into an imaginary ‘C’ club that searches for reasons to be pitied and claims
that no one gets me. If it wasn’t for shouting and kicks from my parents, I
would enjoy this sympathy for a long time and avoid being ‘normal’.
Since you all are in
this journey with me, I would love to share that my doctor appreciated my form
of expression using ‘words’. After reading my first post, he encouraged me to
channel my energy in this way, as it would benefit him with a happy patient too.
So, you all will have to bear with my posts!
While summing up,
I would like to share the happy and funny experiences of my journey so far.
1.
I am sure our internet service provider is the happiest
right now, as I have been streaming movies, television series, Netflix and
You-tube in a loop. Having said that, I will love to have some suggestions from
your end too because I was literally tempted to watch ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ at
one point of time! I hope now you realize the seriousness to help me with some valuable suggestions.
2.
I am happy to make use of every present moment
with a happy heart. I did not know sitting on lawn, going for long drives or
taking a shower were such happy affairs before. I never appreciated the sight
of trees, sunset, sunrise or long empty roads the way I do it today.
3.
Sorry dear husband, but I must confess my extra
marital love affair with food! On my happy days, all I can do is dream, think,
talk, read, make or eat. Relishing and savoring every bite is so fun-filled. I am
sure my closed ones will be raising their eyebrows with shock as I was never a
foodie before.
4.
While I always loved comedy movies, serials and
books, this phase has brought me closer to it. Comedy can fill my cells with
laughter, offering one less trouble to worry about.
5.
Husband turned doctor- this is another
interesting development in my life as my better half is busy with internet
gained facts to make me healthy and hearty with valuable knowledge from all
over the world. I am sure his parents will be glad to know that their fees of
an engineer made him a doctor too! Besides, it provides entertainment to my real
doctor as he patiently listens to his ideas of alternative therapy.
These
are some experiences that are funny, mindless and silly to make this rocky
journey a bit smooth. There are many more to add in the future as I savor every
moment with a happy heart. Till then, do not forget to live in the present, smile
a little more, laugh at your troubles and enjoy whatever you have today. If
nothing else, at least this trouble can make me a preacher J
P.S: For a
self-confessed introvert, written words are the only way to thank you all.
Big hug,
love and kisses to:
1.
Parents: For being there to wipe my tears and treating me as normal as possible.
2.
Sister, nephew, and brother-in-law: For being strong
support though miles away from me. But bro-in-law chef: where is my delicious
food? And dear nephew: you better practice the word ‘moushi’ 20 times a day. Sister: I am not thanking you for anything ;)
3.
Husband: For each and everything from Day 1, I
simply can’t write it!
4.
Relatives and friends: For all your support,
well-wishes and prayers.

👍
ReplyDeleteImpressive article
ReplyDelete