Friday, July 20, 2018

The 'listicle' series


  
    They say listicle is the new black. Or to put it the other way, listicles are in fashion now. A new trending concept where lists are framed over long articles, the primary aim is to express thoughts through usage of lists. List down variety of things depending on the topic and an interesting concept takes birth. Listicles are fun owing to the surprise of what follows next. It is easy to speak our mind through long chain of thoughts, but when it is time to list it down, the novelty begins. What and how to line them is unique in its own way. And for a talkative blogger like me, it instills an invisible pressure to pick few headings and channel my thoughts.

 After an exciting series of writing open letters, here I am with the next series in line. While the entire blogging world is buzzing with fun lists and every online magazine is busy listing some fun stuff out of the usual, I was tempted to follow suit. And though I agree, I am exceptionally bad at following fashion, I just hope this experiment works well for once.

  While that is something for you readers to decide, I promise to have loads of fun while at it. Pick some topic each time and list down contents with little explanation will be the new mantra going forward. Yes, explanation is a part of it because writing is all I have and no, please do not skip through it.  

  As always, these thoughts are pure fragments of my funny imagination. Do remember to sit with your usual pinch of salt because pun, sarcasm, humor and jokes (directed towards me, of course!) are highly intentional. And I intend to put my readers to work. Reading is not your only job, you are expected to frame down your version of the list too. Share it the way you want, but your inputs will be exciting additions to the discussion (Will a fat prize for the best feedback work as the intended bribe!?) But on a serious note, I love your feedback because that runs my blog (again not literally, financially or figuratively, but emotionally, if there is such a thing). Also, if there are some fun topics in your mind, shout it out. Will make an attempt to frame them as long as it does not embarrass me in public!

 Starting with the first listicle, the topic relates to everyone irrespective of age, gender, profession or lifestyle. Because sleeping is followed by waking up and waking up follows sleep, each one of us connect to it.


 LISTICLE 1: Five things that get me out of bed, each morning.

  Technically, it is just one thing. The stupid blaring alarm who does not seem to possess any form of self-respect. Though I hate it every single day and greet it with anger, frustration, and sorrow, it seems to enjoy its job. Alarm clocks are annoying messengers of the sun who are not bothered by the treatment directed towards them. You postpone it, hit it hard, throw it away or simply hide under the pillow, yet it continues its dutiful work each morning (just for dramatic effect - kindly ignore the fact that we actually set it up!)

 So, let’s not enter into this sensitive topic because it needs a separate post for itself. Concentrating on the topic in hand, these five things represent the happiness of a new day. They stand for joy that take me from the start to end of a new day, new hope, new excitement and yet another new story. I believe each day is a new story in itself and job of these five things is to keep me on track. By things, I do not mean literal five physical materials. They can be objects, experiences, or some fun ideas. The thought of these factors gets me out of bed, as they promise staying awake will be as beautiful as the deep sleep I just enjoyed.

   Each one of us needs some form of motivation to power our day. Finding our own source of inspiration is the real trick because it is free from any hidden expectations, compulsions or motives. It rises from the purity of inner happiness and internal joy, making it more amazing than the one derived from someone else.

In the ascending order of ‘when’ I greet them from morning to evening, here are my five things:


1.       Coffee – A controversial topic not open to any form of discussion, coffee is the first thing that pushes me to start my day. With my little espresso machine greeting me with its promising sound and smell of fresh coffee that strikes right into my brain, this sole cup does the trick. I dread days without this machine or worst without any coffee left on the planet!


2.       Sight of the sky – Call me a day-dreamer, wanderer or lost soul on earth, I enjoy the sight of blue sky out of the window. Except for rainy days that make me grumpy just like the dull sky above, I look forward to admiring the sight of changing blue shades all day long.



3.       Book – Reading transports me someplace else. As rightly said, reading can take you places, the thought of reading yet another good book can keep me sane, while I struggle with the usual routine.




4.       Sunset- Sunsets are associated with sad feelings of darkness or restlessness of moving towards the end of a day, but I actually enjoy this beautiful sight. Looking at the wonderful stars and colorful shades of sunset make it extremely peaceful for the restless mind.


5.       Dinner- This will be quite surprising for all those who know me well. Considering my strict formal ties with food, greeting it each day just for survival, dinners actually brighten my day or rather end it well. Planning what to make, irritating husband for options, hunting for recipes, and finally making something out of my own choice is fun in its own way. Except for boring dinners that mean ‘tried-and-tested’ recipes or non-exciting meals, the idea of experimenting with fun stuff is interesting.

  
 What is your take on things that keep you motivated? How do you ensure the difficult process of waking up transforms into an exciting experience, while you wait to greet your five favorite things?

Let the thinking begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment