There is more to
our life than taking in and throwing out air. As weird as it sounds, isn’t it
the most accepted and assumed definition of ‘being alive’? Hence this blog post
is designed to look at those special moments which go beyond the traditional
mannerism of life. Moments which inspire us, moments that add happiness,
moments that are out of the world, moments that make you realize that life is
indeed beautiful. Away from the usual troubles, struggles, stress and worries,
some special moments reinstate our belief in eternal happiness. If I am
successful in putting forth my point so far, you will realize that I am talking
about those ‘Aha’ moments.
Each one of us
encounter such phenomenal and unique experiences to fill our life with
happiness and love. Whether it is traveling or listening to your favorite song,
admiring the beauty of nature or simply dreaming with open eyes, life presents
several such opportunities where you are thankful to be alive. You realize that
life is indeed wonderful with its unbelievable stock of surprises. Such moments
bring you closer to the joy of living. It is impossible to expect such moments
along the routine trail of life. Or rather these moments are meant to be different;
hence they should be unique in their own way. Specialty of such ‘alive’ moments
lies in their uniqueness which do not enter into our lives easily. Only
certain happy times inspire us to appreciate this birth.
It is essential
to recognize these alive moments to make the most of life. It can motivate us
to look around for happiness rather than focusing over our mountain of
troubles. It is rightly said that life as a whole is the greatest teacher one
can ever have. Our journey teaches us several valuable lessons through the mode
of experiences. Hence one such experience along my life journey has inspired me
to create such moments along the way. Once cannot plan them in advance or
gather fixed number in their stock to fill accomplished. The trick is to
experience many such moments along the way and feel ‘alive’. Another
significant aspect about these moments is ‘customization’.
What appeals to you or qualifies as your happening time may not be the same for
someone else. Hence hunt for your unique bag of happy moments and rejoice as
you see the number increase.
Think about your
‘Aha’ moments and pen them down. You may choose to keep it as your secret list
or share it in the comment section. But either ways, I would love to know at
least one of your alive moments. Now, time for my list that can inspire you to
follow suit.
Some of these
moments may resonate with you and give you equal amount of happiness. While few
others may not relate to you in any way. But as said, the trick lies in its
uniqueness and customization.
Here are my special
moments when I am truly ‘alive’. Hunt for yours after all life is about being
‘alive’, isn’t it?
I am ‘alive’ when:
1.
……my little nephew recognizes me during our
video chat sessions and calls me ‘moushi’ (his word for maternal aunt)
2.
…. I
savor first bite of food cooked by mom
3.
…. I listen to favorite parts of my favorite
songs
4.
….my written words make me satisfied and
contended
5.
…. I admire waves of the beach
6.
…. The clouds, rainbow, sun and sky seem to smile
at me
7.
….calm look of water manages to calm me
8.
…. a comedy
show or movie delivers a perfect joke
9.
….lyrics of a song seem to relate with my
situation perfectly
10.
….my prepared meals turn out exactly as I wish them
to be
11.
…..I take first bite on a hungry stomach
12.
…. I read parts of a book that feel amazing
13.
….I come across an inspirational quote that
leaves me mesmerized
14.
….a singer creates wonders with his/her notes
15.
….. my husband cracks a joke that strikes a perfect
chord (which is rare!)
16.
…..my elder sister starts the video call
(excitement is to see my nephew. Dear sister, it’s not for you, just to clarify
:)
17.
….I see byline of my articles
18.
…..I find shade under scorching sun
19.
… I experience warmth of home after being out
for long
Go ahead and enlist your moments. Let’s be
alive now, you can always 'live’ later.


Nicely pen down.....
ReplyDelete