When superstars and
cannonballs are running through your head
A television freak show cops and robbers everywhere
Subway makes me nervous, people pushing me too far
I've got to break away
So take my hand now
'Cause I want to live like animals
Careless and free like animals
I want to live
I want to run through the jungle
The wind in my hair and the sand at my feet
I've been having difficulties keeping to myself
Feelings and emotions better left up on the shelf
Animals and children tell the truth, they never lie
Which one is more human
There's a thought, now you decide
Compassion in the jungle
Compassion in your hands, yeah
Would you like to make a run for it
Would you like to take my hand, yeah
Sometimes this life can get you down
It's so confusing
There's so many rules to follow
And I feel it
'Cause I just run away in my mind
Superstars and cannonballs running through your head
Television freak show cops and robbers everywhere
Animals and children tell the truth, they never lie
Which one is more human
There's a thought, now you decide
Compassion in the jungle
Compassion in your hands, yeah
Would you like to make a run for it
Would you like to take my hand, yeah
Subway makes me nervous, people pushing me too far
I've got to break away
So take my hand now
'Cause I want to live like animals
Careless and free like animals
I want to live
I want to run through the jungle
The wind in my hair and the sand at my feet
I've been having difficulties keeping to myself
Feelings and emotions better left up on the shelf
Animals and children tell the truth, they never lie
Which one is more human
There's a thought, now you decide
Compassion in the jungle
Compassion in your hands, yeah
Would you like to make a run for it
Would you like to take my hand, yeah
Sometimes this life can get you down
It's so confusing
There's so many rules to follow
And I feel it
'Cause I just run away in my mind
Superstars and cannonballs running through your head
Television freak show cops and robbers everywhere
Animals and children tell the truth, they never lie
Which one is more human
There's a thought, now you decide
Compassion in the jungle
Compassion in your hands, yeah
Would you like to make a run for it
Would you like to take my hand, yeah
Once again, the
credit for introducing me to this song goes to my sister who truly has a fantastic
taste towards music. More than the rhythm, I admire the lyrical power of this
song created by one of the most talented musicians of the yesteryears. Bringing
amazing music for their listeners with touch of meaningful lyrics, Australian pop
duo Savage Garden have been extremely popular for several years now. One such
masterpiece by the name ‘I want to live like animals or the Animal song’ has gained
an entry into my musical express due to its carefree touch. In the maddening
rush of life with its demands, chaos, expectations and responsibilities, this
song reaches the chords of the heart in a perfect way.
Though this song
was set in the good, old times where life was still not so chaotic, Savage
Garden seemed to be ahead of their time. While expressing the desire to set
themselves free, these lyrics will truly relate to each one of us. A carefree
song with extremely carefree style, ‘I want to live like animal’ comes across
as the theme of our heart. Many a times, when life imposes tons of troubles,
besides taking us through the routine every single day, we reach a threshold
limit for any further action. Lyrics of this song express the desire of the
singer duo, as they wish to enter into a carefree zone like animals. Without any
stress of greeting people, meeting deadlines, fulfilling responsibilities and
performing tasks, as the writer hopes to walk away from everything, it leaves a
wonderful note for all.
We all experience stressful
moments along our course, while juggling wide array of duties. Besides work,
elements such as people, relationships, moral duties and ethics demand our
attention. Carefree life like animal without any image trouble seems to be the
perfect answer for eternal happiness. As humans, we are forced to live under
rules of humanity. Call it society pressures or humanly troubles, we are
expected to follow certain guidelines for being human.
While caught within this
game of showing our best behavior, we may tend to focus over our image in the society.
Though it is essential to exhibit humanity in the best form, it is also
important to do what our heart wants. In an attempt to polish our image in the
society, we may stop living our life to the fullest. By staying within the
limits of good behavior, ethical values, acceptable manners and pure nature, we
can continue our life in an enjoyable manner.
How does one
balance this thin line between image and ethics is a tough task, as it
summarizes our entire life in a short way.
By hoping to live like an animal, writer of
this song wants to get away from all the challenges and difficulties. The thought
of running carefree into a jungle with wind in the hair and sand at the feet seems
to be perfect in every way. This central thought was the highlight of my affection,
as I was attracted towards the magic of its words. Just imagine yourself into
the plot of this song, enjoying every single desire as expressed by the writer,
and I am sure you will be tempted to break away from the routine.
Though it sounds
exciting, you must be wondering about the practicality quotient of such a
thought.
Is it possible to leave away everything and run around like an animal?
If given a choice, would you like to throw away the luxuries of a
stable life?
Would you be happy to live life by your own rules, without worrying
about your ‘image’ in the society?
Before I lose your attention over these thought provoking
questions, let me move towards the last segment of my post.
I will list down my reasons to live like an animal, while
you can think about yours too!
I want to live like animals because:
·
carefree approach can bring out the best in me
as a writer, dreamer, admirer and wanderer.
·
it will dissolve boundaries and limitations from
my ‘so-called’ ideal life and allow me to explore newer things.
·
it will erase away the troubles of maintaining
an image, while letting me embrace every single aspect with love.
·
it will shift the focus over living my life to
the fullest, rather than living it as per worldly expectations.
·
it will dissolve any train of thoughts in my
mind that revolve around unnecessary expectations of the society.
Truly one of the most interesting lyrics I have come across,
this song qualifies to be my favorite song in several ways. For a unique
meaning with novel touch, ‘Animal song’ is my answer to go away from stress and
embrace happiness!

No comments:
Post a Comment