Monday, October 10, 2016

The perfect pair called ‘Parents’

 


    Growing up, I always believed that parents were the luckiest set of people on this earth. Without any rules, restrictions, limitations and permissions that were allowed to perform any task at any time. After all, who would have the permission to put on the television set in the house or decide the menu for the day? From clothes to food, holidays to house arrangements, as parents were the primary headmasters in every task, I always admired this ‘right’ to do it all.

   Little did I know these activities were not lucky perks, but unavoidable responsibilities. What I fancied as the universal passport for any aspect was nothing but mandatory file to run the family. With almost half number of my friends and my dear sister in this club of ‘parenthood’, I was prompted to write about the perfect pair that never seem to go wrong.

    I am still looking around for the magic potion that converts carefree individuals into responsible parents. After all, how did my silly acting school friend turn into a matured father or mother or what entered into my sister’s mind as she cares for her little superstar with all her love? Though I may not succeed in hunting for this magic potion, I am sure it grows within an individual, when one decides to take up this unusual, yet interesting responsibility. From sleepless nights to busy days, from loving angels to strict teachers as parents run around with their duties, they are definitely powered by some superhuman force. After nine months of preparation, when they finally enter the stage for their role as ‘parents’, they simply refuse to leave the show anytime in the future.

   No matter how old you may turn to be or how far you may go, you will always find these set of people, appreciating you for some aspect. Their hands are eager to clap and faces geared with smiles, as they see their little ones flourish in life. Suddenly, they forget themselves in an attempt to experience this journey of ‘parenthood’. Everything revolves around the little one that holds their attention every minute of the day. From food to fun, sleep to smile, play to pleasure, every single aspect involves the new boss in life. Though I have no experience in this department of parenthood, I am sure there is some element in the air that they breathe, making them perfect in every way.

      Parenting transforms these individuals with the natural ability to protect and provide. Besides, sacrifice and compromise form a different ball game all together that deserves another blog post. Holding the interest of their little ones ahead of their own tasks, they toil to bring out the best in them. 

   They are equipped with the capability to bring happiness and peace in the lives of their kids. Though children occupy the center stage of their story, they have the amazing ability to play contrasting roles.One moment they may play ‘best friend’ running around with their little ones and second moment they may play a ‘Principal’ bringing discipline in their conduct. Though parents are forced to act tough to discipline their kids for acceptable behavior in the society, they seem to know the tricks of the trade. While they may shout with little anger, their words are laced with nothing but love and concern. Only parents can display disappointment, yet pull their children towards them with loving charm.

   Though the entire world may fail to trust your goals, your parents seem to know your colorful future. Only parents can believe in you, when you may talk about your plans to be a ‘singer’, though your stage may be limited to a bathroom alone or discuss about your dreams to buy a ‘Mercedes’, though your bank balance may be nowhere close to it! I wonder what do parents eat - as their thoughts, actions, beliefs and ideas are always centered around the success of their kids.

 Now, though parents are undoubtedly ‘perfect’, they are humans too. I was tempted to clear some of the myths and remind us all that they deserve normal course of life.

1.       Parents are allowed to be imperfect

Yes, Moms and Dads, relax! You can oversleep on a weekend or eat loads of your favorite ice-cream, once in a while.


2.       Parents can forget their kids for a while

This controversial statement does not endorse complete removal from the memory. It only means that parents can also engage in fun activities or outing with their friends, but without their kids for some alone time.


3.       Parents need a clap and a pat too

Though they are always busy with claps and pats for their kids, they deserve appreciation in every way. They must be congratulated for the wonderful task of raising trees for tomorrow.


4.       Parents can go wrong too

Parents are allowed to mix-up with some daily tasks or fail in their ambitious plans. As they are humans after all, they can perform their share of mistakes too.


      Every parent on this earth deserves the certificate of ‘Best parents’, after all they are the perfect pair.

P.S: To my Mom Dad, I am sure that I cannot match your perfectness in any way. For the best parents in this world, I hope to reach at least 20% of your style.

To my Sister, as usual I have a complaint about you. You seem to have taken away all ‘the good parenting skill’ genes from Mom Dad once again, leaving nothing for me. But, I am happy with the output of an adorable nephew who deserves nothing but the best!  

No comments:

Post a Comment