She waited patiently as I opened my eyes, waited eagerly while I crawled around , waited for an opportunity to play with me , waited to shower me with all her love and care. She herself being a child of 3 years, wanted to protect me like a matured adult of 30. I am sure she must have rehearsed the role of playing my elder sister, from the moment she understood, she was to get her very own toy to play with :) a toy no one else would have right over, a toy to be kept safely in her own custody, a toy who would laugh, cry, fight and love her like no one else could. I always followed her religiously as a shadow , imitating whatever she did. If that led to appreciation and praises from everyone, I would bloom with happiness and love her all the more, but if it led to punishment and scolding, I would conveniently blame it on her and safely enter my shell. From being my best friend, best critic, best teacher and a best role model our relation could never limit to just being siblings , we were meant to be partners in crime,who paired up with each other to plot innumerable instances of fun, laughter, joy and happiness.
She always tutored me in my journey as I set out to accomplish the usual yet essential tasks of life. A pillar to support , a light-house to guide , a locker to protect secrets , a mirror to showcase the reality, a map to show the way,this girl has been everything I ever wished for in life.Being elder she was my license permit to go out, explore and experiment new things; even though she was always there to protect me under her wings, at times her deliberate push into the outside world forced me to safely swim on my own and realise the value of independence. The endless fights, arguments, disagreements between us testify the dept of love for each other as the purpose of it was never to hurt but bring out the best that was hidden deep within . Making surprise plans on special events for parents, indulging in some wacky ideas for fun, chatting on and on about anything and everything , we could go about doing this endlessly at our own pace in our own space. At times she would be my tunnel to safely transport ideas through the huge mountainous block of my parents and get their approval in her own unique style. With a heart as big as her maturity and care as pure as her love, I am absolutely grateful to have her as an ALL in ONE package. Her sharp eyes and vigil like a cat make sure I do not commit any mistake; this scrutiny ends up to be of high standard and turn out much more effective than my parents ;)
This gift of having an elder sister is an experience too difficult to pen down in words but certainly life's most amazing and precious asset to possess and own with pride,happiness and joy. Whereever we go or whatever we do , I will always hide behind her huge curtain of warmth and protection because after all she is meant to be my 'Teacher, Asset, Inspiration forever.
This gift of having an elder sister is an experience too difficult to pen down in words but certainly life's most amazing and precious asset to possess and own with pride,happiness and joy. Whereever we go or whatever we do , I will always hide behind her huge curtain of warmth and protection because after all she is meant to be my 'Teacher, Asset, Inspiration forever.
Wow Amruta very well written.keep it up.
ReplyDeleteno words to describe!!!!! speechless!!!!!
ReplyDeletenice ,amu tai!
ReplyDeleteThank you ;)
ReplyDelete