A dream wedding with my childhood family friend got me to the U.S of A. Never imagined the friend with whom I fought, played, argued, competed right from the age 5 would be the man of my life. 20 years later; the walk to the bus stop with school bags on back was replaced by the walk to the airport with big heavy luggage bags. With dreams of starting a new life and beautiful memories of people back at home I landed in the dream country. It was difficult to leave behind my 'more -like friend, less -like father' dad, my too sweet and cute mom, a lovely critic sister , amazing best debutant friend and support brother-in law , guiding and supporting grandparents, loving and caring inlaws and a long list of relatives, cousins and friends filled with love, support and good wishes. But like its said no gain without pain. Here I was to gain a new journey of married life but not without the pain of temporary physical distance from these people.
There were a mixed bag of feelings-happiness, joy, excitement, anxiety as I stepped into our new home. Within a short while I got to experience each of this. Settling down in a new country that was almost like 12 hours apart from where I came from was going to be a bit of challenge for a girl like me who never left home for long. But I was wrong. It never really felt like one because of my friend turned husband. I could sense his nervousness and tension in trying to blend me with the new place. And that was the biggest advantage of marrying a friend. Totally comfortable with the new person to share my life with, the only challenge was to adjust to the new country, its culture, its conduct, its lifestyle and most importantly its freezing climate. Got to experience snowfall for the first ever time in life. While I did miss my people back home,easy contact with them through messengers and networking sites never made me feel very much away from them. Giving details of how well I fed their son to my in-laws;), describing the roads and traffic to dad, discussing home and groceries with mom, gossiping shops and clothes with sister, posting pictures of snowfall and fooditems with my relatives and friends, I was extremely delighted to be with touch with each one of them.
As I write this , I am only a month old baby here who has to learn, understand, experience and do a lot more still in this place we call 'AMARIKA' ;).
Very nice loved it :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot :)
DeleteAmazing as always..
ReplyDeleteLoved it totally
Thank you so much :)
DeleteAs sweet as u :)
ReplyDeleteAmazing darling :* keep writing more...would love to read it :-)
ReplyDeletehey.. well written.. keep writing..
ReplyDeletegood to know u hv known ur guy since childhood...
all the v best ma'm with the blog!! :) tc !
ReplyDeleteWell written, mam. Pls keep posting! ^^
ReplyDeleteVery well written. Keep it up.
ReplyDelete