A year long stint of teaching in college gave me an opportunity to experience life on the other side of the table. It was the most beautiful period that made me responsible, matured , patient and focused. It was easy to always sit back and judge a teacher, to criticize when asked to complete piles of work, to comment when forced to follow instructions and to resent the thought of being a student only to realize that the amount of efforts a teacher puts in shaping and moulding a person are absolutely selfless and pure. I could never comprehend it; until I myself started the journey in those shoes. A lot of work had to be done back stage before each class. Be it a lecture or a practical or an exam I realised I was preparing and studying much more than what I did as a student because the purpose had now changed from gaining marks to imparting knowledge into unbiased and innocent minds. Only knowing things were not enough, it was necessary to present it in a manner that could be taken in by the students. Efforts were directed towards justifying the faith they placed over me as their teacher, guide, and a mentor.
There were moments of pride when students fared well, moments of irritation when things could not be understood , moments of happiness when joined them as their friend. The nervousness before the first lecture and the sense of satisfaction after its completion made a mark that can never ever be replaced or erased . The love and support of my teachers and colleagues made it an easy and comfortable walk as I learnt and gained a lot from each one of them. I was blessed to be surrounded with an amazing bunch of young, enthusiastic students who accepted me as their own. They taught me patience, attitude to inculcate and learn new things, ability to be enthusiastic for anything and everything . The opportunity to share values by taking charge of the blackboard made me a 'complete person'. Each of the students became an irreplacable unique piece in the jig-saw puzzle of my teaching experience . They complete the puzzle into a beautiful frame that will always stay picture perfect in my life. As I look back I realize the best way to pay back the respect and love for all my teachers was by being one.There were innumerable instances where I could relate to what my teachers must have felt while I was one of the many sculptures they were carving - a sculpture over whom they had poured all their love and dedication, a sculpture whom they valued a lot because it was their own creation. This feeling of love and dedication stays the same for all as each and everyone is a masterpiece.
This is dedicated to all my teachers who taught me to learn and all my students who taught me to teach :)
There were moments of pride when students fared well, moments of irritation when things could not be understood , moments of happiness when joined them as their friend. The nervousness before the first lecture and the sense of satisfaction after its completion made a mark that can never ever be replaced or erased . The love and support of my teachers and colleagues made it an easy and comfortable walk as I learnt and gained a lot from each one of them. I was blessed to be surrounded with an amazing bunch of young, enthusiastic students who accepted me as their own. They taught me patience, attitude to inculcate and learn new things, ability to be enthusiastic for anything and everything . The opportunity to share values by taking charge of the blackboard made me a 'complete person'. Each of the students became an irreplacable unique piece in the jig-saw puzzle of my teaching experience . They complete the puzzle into a beautiful frame that will always stay picture perfect in my life. As I look back I realize the best way to pay back the respect and love for all my teachers was by being one.There were innumerable instances where I could relate to what my teachers must have felt while I was one of the many sculptures they were carving - a sculpture over whom they had poured all their love and dedication, a sculpture whom they valued a lot because it was their own creation. This feeling of love and dedication stays the same for all as each and everyone is a masterpiece.
This is dedicated to all my teachers who taught me to learn and all my students who taught me to teach :)
Your inborn quality of patience, attitude to inculcate and learn new things and above all your ability to remain enthusiastic for anything and everything make you to stand tall amongest teaching fraternity. Each one from your college must be missing you. Hope you will be using your qualities in future also to show path to needy ones.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much milind uncle for your encouraging words. :)
DeleteVery nice.... Ma'am u r the best :-)
ReplyDeleteMa'am its really very awesum
ReplyDeleteLove u mam
Wonderful words and oh so true.
ReplyDeleteWow, this made me realize just how much efforts you'd put in, and how seriously you'd taken our emotions. :) We talk so much about you all the time, you have no clue.. :D
ReplyDeleteYaaa ma'am...we miss you each n every day...u r the best ..we are very lucky to have a teacher and mentor like you..love you ma'am...:)
ReplyDeleteYes it is so true that we miss u,that u have no clue of ...we love you to the core :)
ReplyDeleteThank you each one of you..... all the best and take care . Keep smiling :)
ReplyDeleteMaam I cant explain how deeply touched I m after reading this. Seriously no words for such a beautiful blog.
ReplyDelete